The Port to Pub swim will have two categories available for swimmers: ASSISTED and UNASSISTED.
Swimsuits must comply with FINA's Open Water Swimming Rules. FINA states that a complying suit:
1. Is of a woven textile material
2. Does not cover the neck
3. Does not extend beyond the shoulders or ankles
A list of approved swimsuits can be found on the FINA website www.fina.org
It is the swimmer’s responsibility to ensure their swimsuit complies with FINA rules.
Swimmers MAY NOT
1. Wear any item with neoprene or any other buoyant material.
2. Wear anything not within the FINA rules or within the Port to Pub swim exemptions
1. Wear two suits as long one suit only comprises of a brief or bikini.
2. Wool fat/Lanolin/Vasoline
3. Wear goggles
4. Wear a nose clip
5. Wear two caps as long as the outer cap is the Port to Pub cap to show the swimmer’s category
5. Wear ear plugs
6. Wear a rash vest
- Wetsuits must be no thicker than 5mm
- All of the components of the wetsuit must fit the swimmers body tightly;
- Artificial propulsion devices are not to be used
- Flotation devices are not to be used
- Gloves or socks (including but not limited to compression socks) are not to be worn
- May wear a brief or bikini underneath the wetsuit
- May wear Wool fat/Lanolin/Vasoline
- May wear goggles
- May wear two caps
- May wear a nose clip
- May wear ear plugs
- May wear a rash vest
- If only one team member wears a wetsuit, the team is still categorised as ASSISTED.
- Solo swimmers that swim with a wetsuit will be recorded in the ASSISTED SOLO category.
ASSISTED swimmers will not be competing against UNASSISTED for prizes and/or records.