Time To Get Organised
If you haven’t registered to swim yet, we suggest you get online quickly at www.porttopub.com.au as registrations close on 01 March 2018. We know you’ll be busy stepping up your training but here’s a quick reminder and check list of the key details to ensure you’re fully organised and have an awesome day.
Are your registration details up to date?
You have until 01 March 2018 to register and make any changes to your registration. Solos and team captains, you will have received an email from Register Now confirming your registration. That email contains a unique username and password you can use to log back into your registration form and make any changes.
All under 18s must return a signed parental/guardian consent form. This form is at the end of the terms and conditions in the registration form, on our website under ‘Event Registration’, or download it here. Sign and return to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Skipper-only Briefing – tell your skipper!
01 March 2018
5:30pm for a 6:00pm start
A new event hosted by our sponsor Blue HQ in its beautiful club house, The View, 7-10 Mews Road, Fremantle
Refreshments provided. NB: if you attend this event, you do not have to attend the main briefing.
Main Briefing Night
Thursday 08 March
6:00-7:00pm (gates open at 5:00pm).
Tom Wilding Pavilion, Claremont Showgrounds
We will run through the event and the safety regulations. You will pick up your race pack. All solo swimmers must attend and one member from every team of 2, 4 or 6. Skippers and paddlers can also attend.
Getting to Briefing Night
Enter through Gates 8 on Ashton Avenue in Claremont.
Parking: you can park in the car parking bays and on the grassed areas around the pavilion. There will be traffic management and signage showing designated parking areas.
Intrastate, Interstate, and International participant briefing
16 March 2017
Fremantle Surf Lifesaving Club, 20 Leighton Beach Blv, North Fremantle.
Qualifying swims – SOLO SWIMMERS ONLY
Only solo swimmers need to provide evidence of a qualifying swim in their registration form.
Teams of two, four and six: you do NOT need to provide evidence of a qualifying swim
Order your Port to Pub merchandise and bathers
Order your Port to Pub 2018 bathers by Robb & Lulu, also hats, t-shirts, vests, spray jackets and rugby jumpers now and collect it at briefing night. Our merchandise also makes the perfect thank for your skipper, paddler and support crew! Order here or go to our website for more information.
Get familiar with the race rules
A copy of the race rules is available here
Book your ferry tickets!
Ferry services will be running late into the night from Rottnest Island to Perth, thanks to our sponsor Rottnest Express. SeaLink Rottnest Island and Rottnest Fast Ferries will also provide an additional late service to Hillarys.
Have you booked accommodation?
Rottnest Island accommodation is limited. Check availability here.
PREPARATION FOR RACE DAY
Don’t leave it to the day before the swim to start thinking about logistics and packing your bags.
Here is a quick checklist…
- Pack bathers, goggles, anti-chaffing products, stinger protection spray, sunscreen any medication you need. Make sure your bathers are FINA-compliant
- Book in now to get a massage at Subiaco Sports Massage Clinic as the Clinic will fill up with appointments at this time of year. Get any niggles checked out at South Cott Physio – Prue Stokes is an expert when it comes to swimmer injuries!
- Think about your nutrition requirements in the lead up to the race and on race day. Book in with David Bryant at Catalyst Dietitian for any queries you may have. Read on for David’s race day nutrition tips!
- Meet up with your team, support crew and paddler to sort out the logistics of the day.
- Pack enough water and food for the day, sea sick tablets, sun protection, spare towels, warm clothing and some warm fluids, in case you get cold.
- Figure out logistics so swimmers get dropped off to register in time, and support crew are out on the water in time for the race start.
- Practice with your paddler and skipper. Practice feeding, and changeovers if you’re in a team
- Set your alarms and send a reminder message to your team in the morning to make sure everyone is up!
- Don’t forget your boat stickers, paddler stickers and swimmer tattoos!
- Download the Port to Pub Swim App (from the App store) and type in your race number, which will be listed in the race briefing booklet. Tell your family and friends they can track your swim!