Note that all information on this page is based on previous Port to Pub swims and subject to change. Finalised information will be provided at the 2024 Event Briefings as well as online in advance of the 16th March 2024 event day.
Event Day Schedule
- 5:00am – Swimmer check-in opens at Fremantle Surf Life Saving Club. Parking is limited; we recommend that swimmers get dropped off.
- 5:30am – Check-in opens for team swimmers; teams must be registered at least 30 minutes prior to wave start time
- 6:00am – First wave commences
- 7:10am – Final wave leaves the beach; closure of start line
- 10:30am – First swimmers expected to arrive at the finish line on Rottnest Island
- 3:30pm – Kids Swim and Kids Splash & Dash for Perth Children’s Hospital Foundation
- 5:00pm – Event closes; all competitors still swimming will be asked to leave the water
- 5:15pm – Presentations at Hotel Rottnest
Solo swimmers and representatives from every duo and team must present to the check-in desk at Leighton Beach one hour prior to their allocated start time. Check-in closes STRICTLY 30 MINUTES before each allocated wave time.
At swimmer check-in, each swimmer will have an allocated number written on both arms and must collect their timing band which is to be worn on the left ankle for the duration of the race.
Vessels at Start Line
Swimmers should be in contact with their support vessels to ensure the vessels are in the holding area 45 minutes before each their allocated start time. Swimmers must not be dropped by support boats at Leighton Beach.
1 - 100
101 - 199
601 - 799
601 - 799
201 - 400
401 - 500
501 - 600
601 - 800
The Port to Pub finish line is located in front of the Hotel Rottnest from 11:00am – 6:30pm.
A recovery area for swimmers and padders will be available.
Doctors and lifesavers will be on the beach to attend to any medical emergencies and issues.
The Port to Pub Kid’s Swim and Splash and Dash will take place beginning at 4:00pm.
Hotel Rottnest will be hosting the Port to Pub post-event party, commencing with presentations at 5:15pm. There will be food, drinks, and plenty of celebrating. Port to Pub merchandise will be available for sale. We invite all swimmers, support crew, family, and friends to join us!